Don't let European Health Insurance Card lapse

« Pollen levels in French towns and cities | Main | Inheritance tax fight for same-sex couples almost at an end »



From the 1st May 2010, if you reside in France but are either under an E106 or E121 for a UK pension, you will need to apply to the UK for your EHIC card. I have just received a letter and form from the DWP to this effect. I am not too sure how a UK hospital or Doctor will react if I need emergency treatment if on holiday in England.

Craig McGinty

Hi George, many thanks for that, will investigate further.
All the best, Craig


Hi Craig, have you got any further info on this?

Craig McGinty

Hi Helen,

Found more about the change on the NHS site:

New EU regulations from May 1 2010

All the best,

The comments to this entry are closed.

Free weekly newsletter