A SAFETY booklet to assess the risk of fire has been published for owners of B&Bs, guest houses and self catering properties by the UK government, which may prove handy for those offering similar services in France.
Clearly the guide talks about compliance with fire regulations in the UK, but there is also plenty of general advice that may prove helpful, as well as a guide to performing a risk assessment.
The Do You Have Paying Guests? guide offers a five step action-plan:
- Think about how a fire could start on your premises and how quickly it could spread
- Think about who is at risk
- Make a plan to keep people safe by removing fire hazards wherever possible and then putting in place measures to detect a fire and ensure, if one does start, that everyone can escape safely
- Make a note of your plan and train for the worst
- Keep your plan updated to reflect any changing circumstances or risks
The guide is free and is available to download in .pdf format.
Read how I save when transferring money 💶
Visit This French Life Currency Services to find out why I don't use a bank when I send euros to France.
Hire a car in France - deals, advice and driving tips
Be it Paris or Perigueux; Bergerac or Nice after using the services of partner website autoeurope.co.uk you will soon be zipping along the autoroute.
Books on France - reviews and author interviews
Take a browse over these books about France and read some reviews and interviews.