« A bus trip around France | Main | Zizou magic clears red mist »


Mrs. H.J.Eatwell

All the language books I've come across are designed for tourists. Does anyone know of one for residents, with vocab. and phrases covering household situations? We've had wet-rot in a floor, problems with central heating and computer, etc., when you really do need to get it right, not to mention returning things to shops...

Coral Luke

We bought an English/French Dictionary of Building, Property and Gardening by J Kater Pollock and Lynne Forbes.

It covers building and property in general, buildings & material, electrical, kitchen, paint, plumbing, timber, tools and proffesions and in gardening in general, bushes and shrubs, climbing plants, equipement, flowering plants, herbs, trees, vegetables and fruit. It is printed by Flowerpoll, 2 Kenwood Gardens, Linton, Cambridgeshire CB1 6UR and the ISBN number is 0 9521027 0 6

Our French electrican asked for a copy as he thought it was brilliant and it costs about £6.95 avilable from the publisher only.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Stay Local, Support Local

Welcome to Le Moulin Bas B&B in Loubejac, offering a calm, relaxing experience where you can unwind.
Learn to relax with Kundalini Yoga lessons in Villefranche du Périgord.
Hôtel Restaurant La Bastide features a terrace overlooking an outdoor swimming pool.
Gîte in the peaceful countryside near Loubejac, the garden, private pool and view are all amazing.
Chambres d'Hôtes Chez Carolyn is situated on a very quiet street in Villefranche-du-Périgord